Saturday, November 3, 2012

Ester

While touring the boys' campus, Ester popped onto the scene. A charming child with big aspirations to become a news anchor! She was following our tour to capture the story for Monday's school news report. I too once dreamed of becoming a reporter and working in journalism.

My entire Africa experience was full of these divinely inspired meetings where I would encounter someone with whom I could share a personal story. Speaking from my experience, or hearing of someone else's similar struggle - moves me and connects people.
Now – years later – I am thankful for that grueling summer spent in the TV news room following what I thought was my dream to become a journalist. Now, that experience prepares me to recognize and celebrate the passion I see in Ester to follow her dream of become a news anchor in Kenya.
Random coincidence?
Divine appointment?
Either way, I am thankful for our common ground and our engaging conversation – simply encouraging a young girl to follow her dreams!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment