Friday, September 7, 2012

Dirty Zebras

My challenge of course, many of these animals were "brown with 4 legs" (I mean, who can really tell the difference between goats, dogs, antelopes, donkeys, gazelles...?). Thankfully others know much more about the animal kingdom than I do and were much more useful than I at spotting the wildlife!

I challenge you to identify the animals captured here...

Of note were the dirty zebras and mixed breeds!

I'm sure this was more amusing to our group after bouncing around in our van for 6 hours - but somehow zebras rolling in the dust and dirt became inspiration for a newly concocted cocktail, "dirty zebras".  (If you are intrigued, I am eager to share this new recipe - and as with all African traditions, it’s meant to be shared with close companions and great conversation - let me know when you are up for a dirty zebra!)


And, somehow an unknown group of different types of animals milling about became a "mixed breed". We were clearly creating our own self-guided safari tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment